Syllabus for Distributed and Parallel Computing (CSC4005)
Instructor : 钟叶«C (Yeh-Ching Chung)
Office : Research A Building Room 403 (RA-403)
Phone. 0755-23519576 (Office)
WeChat Group : 2019_CSC4005
Office Hours: Monday 10:30-12:00
Wednesday 10:30 - 12:00
1. Understand the distributed and parallel computing systems
2. Familiar with parallel and distributed languages MPI, Pthread, and OpenMP
3. Design parallel and distributed algorithms using these parallel languages
1. Parallel Programming - Techniques and applications Using Networked Workstations and Parallel Computers (2nd Edition), Barry Wilkinson and Michael Allen, Prentice Hall, 2001.
1. Documentation (MPI, Pthread, OpenMP).
2. Parallel Programming in C with MPI and OpenMP, Michael J. Quinn, McGraw Hill 2003.
3. Designing and Building Parallel Programs, Ian Foster, Addison Wesley, 1995.
- Introduction to Parallel Computers (slides-0, slides-1)
- Message-Passing Computing and Programming (slides-2, MPI, tutorial)
- Multithread Programming (slides-8, Pthread)
- OpenMP Programming (Quinn-17, Quinn-18)
- Embarrassingly Parallel Computations (slides-3)
- Partitioning and Divide-and-Conquer Strategies (slides-4)
- Pipelined Computations (slides-5)
- Synchronous Computations (slides-6)
- Load Balancing and Termination Detection (slides-7)
- Sorting Algorithms (slides-10)
Class participation - 5%
Programs - 70%
¡V Parallel Odd-Even Transposition Sort
¡V Mandelbrot Set Computation
¡V N-Body Simulation
¡V Cellular Automata
Final - 25%
Last modified: 2020/06/28 04:29:29